Sterling Kelly III (CEO) – Co-founded Burkely in 1990, 38 years in the industry
- Shapes Burkely as a people-centered, learning organization that strives continually to excel in meeting customers’ needs and to create value
- Integrates the best in broad organizational and business solutions into a differentiated model of building great apartment communities
- Chair, Triad Real Estate and Building Industry Coalition (TREBIC); Past President, Piedmont Triad Apartment Association Board of Directors (PTAA)
James Y. (Jay) Robinson III (President/CFO) – a Burkely owner via merger, with 14 years in the industry
- Leads Burkely’s business development efforts (i.e., acquisitions and new development)
- Sets and monitors key financial metrics to help gauge effectiveness of efforts to build long-term property value
- Oversees administrative functions necessary to support operations
- Vice President, Piedmont Triad Apartment Association Board of Directors (PTAA)
Jody C. Longwill (V.P. of Operations) – 22 years with Burkely and 35 years in the industry; CAM,CAPS
- Knows the organization deeply, having joined Burkely at the genesis of the current Burkely business model, and plays an integral part in its evolution
- Instills in team members the principles that constitute the Burkely model, leading and training by example
- Proficient in operationalizing the brand—that is, managing and living it
- Past President, Apartment Association of North Carolina (AANC)
- Past President, Piedmont Triad Apartment Association (PTAA)
Suzanne Gray (Sr Mgmt) – joins Burkely via merger, with 30+ years in the industry
- Thrives in—and sees clearly where and how to apply basic, solutions-oriented management practices to—varied property management challenges
- Perceptively links performance and results and helps others see the connection
- Leads Burkely’s rental homes/commercial management division
- Real Estate Broker- (In Charge Eligible)
Donna P. Broyhill (Sr Mgmt) – 20 years with Burkely and 24 years in the industry; CAM
- Has been integral in building the Burkely model from its earliest days and knows the organization deeply
- Helps others understand the link between effort and results; analyzes results to identify where improvement is needed
- Knows the tools and systems that help an organization understand how to use them to perform at ever-higher levels
Paul E. Zechinati (Mgmt, HR) joins Burkely via merger, with 12 years in the industry
- Oversees and helps manage financial resources for the company
- Supports clients and community managers through timely, accurate financial reporting and stewardship of financial resources
- Promotes responsible, ethical accounting standards and practices
- Directs human resource administration and ensures compliance with applicable state and federal law
Michelle Chesson (Director of Marketing) – 14 years with Burkely and 15 years in the industry; NALP
- Deep knowledge of the apartment and student rental markets in Boone and the Piedmont Triad NC
- Comprehensive experience in apartment/rental advertising
- Brings a strong understanding of effective apartment marketing (i.e. what works for residents)
- Piedmont Triad Apartment Association Diamond Award Winner: 2005, 2010, 2018
Brian Williams (Director of Maintenance) – 17 years with Burkely; CAMT
- Sets the Burkely standard in delivering a high-quality physical environment
- Serves as the organization’s point-person in engaging vendors, contractors and suppliers who can help extend the brand
- Piedmont Triad Apartment Association Diamond Award winner: 2004, 2008, 2014
Tim Litchfield (Director of Innovation/Regional) – 7 years with Burkely; 13 years in the Industry
- Thrives when he is generating and executing ideas and take prides in leading a team that exceeds expectations.
- Believes leadership is best when build upon integrity and in service to the team.
- In his spare time, you’ll find him hanging out with his wife and son at the beach or at a fiddle festival.
Marshall Campbell (Accounts Payable Manager) – 7 years with Burkely
- Assists all properties and homes with their accounting needs including in-depth knowledge of the management software, Appfolio and Entrata.
- Has an excellent understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Excel.
- Coordinates and manages IT solutions for Burkely.