Location: Greensboro NC
Summary: The maintenance technician shall implement and execute the maintenance service program as instituted by Burkely Communities, LLC. The maintenance technician must be able to work overtime and on-call, as needed, when instructed.
The Maintenance Technician’s primary duties fall into three categories: 1.)Meet the maintenance and customer service needs of the property, 2.) Support the property in meeting and exceeding its’ financial goals, 3.) Contribute to building a successful operating team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following in addition to those of the Groundskeeper and/or Housekeeper. Other duties may be assigned.
Meet the Maintenance and Customer Service Needs of the Property
- Accurately diagnose problems and make repairs when responding to all service requests assigned.
- Respond to service requests in a timely and professional manner, treating all residents with courtesy and respect.
- Leave legible and signed notes in any occupied apartment entered regarding the reason for entering and the result of work performed.
- Inform Maintenance Supervisor or Community Manager of any customer service concerns.
- Inform Maintenance Supervisor of any chronic service request problems.
- Provide on-call service when scheduled, and perform emergency maintenance work when required.
- Perform daily debris pick up and grounds or building maintenance in areas assigned.
- Maintain pools and pool areas in accordance with local and state standards as assigned.
- Perform the maintenance needed to turn an apartment timely and efficiently for move-in. Complete work according to BC standards.
- Perform all weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual maintenance assignments or preventive maintenance projects.
- Assist in the accurate maintenance of pool and HVAC logs.
- Maintain a working understanding of community policies in order to assist customers and enforce policies when needed.
- Ensure excellent customer service, promoting a quality living experience for all residents.
- Understand and observe all Fair Housing rules and regulations, in both letter and spirit. Treat all customers with courtesy and respect.
Support the Property in Meeting and Exceeding Its’ Financial Goals
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor with parts inventory.
- Assist with the purchase of maintenance supplies while staying within the planned budget.
- Communicate any cost or time-saving recommendations to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assist the Maintenance Supervisor in supervising any outside contractors by communicating performance concerns directly to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Contribute to Building a Successful Operating Team
- Participate in company-provided training.
- Comply with all Burkely standards and applicable health and safety rules and regulations as well as applicable state, and federal laws.
- Assist in inspecting buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, alert the Maintenance Supervisor to items that are in need of repair.
- Complete any required paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support and maintain a positive attitude.
- Inform supervisor if unable to complete work assigned or unable to be at work when scheduled.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org